To all of my fellow windy-path travelers. To all of us crash & burn (and dust yourself off) types….this blogs for you! (and honestly – for me too).
“You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream” – C.S. Lewis
Some famous people who have followed the same kind of path….wandering, zig-zaggy, and always challenging:
- Oprah – anyone who knows the story of her childhood and early career-life will see the huge hurdles she has overcome.
- Steven King was a janitor living in a trailer before he wrote his first best seller.
- Vincent van Gogh failed as a missionary and decided to go to art school at 27
- JK Rowling – was almost 30 before Harry Potter came to her
- Harrison Ford was a carpenter until the age of 30
- Vera Wang – tried to be an Olympic skater and didn’t make it. Applied for the editor-in-chief of Vogue and didn’t get the job. Her first dress was designed at age 40!
- Julia Child wrote her first cookbook at age 39 and had her first show at age 51
- Morgan Freeman landed his first major role at age 51 – and what is that guy NOT in
Some of my favorite quotes about failure….and there are many……
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. Thomas A. Edison
- Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. Napoleon Hill
- It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. J. K. Rowling